The Legal Services You Need. The Price You Can Afford. Your Hometown Lawyer.

Getting The Specific Estate Planning You Need

Anyone can benefit from having a will, power of attorney and health care directive with a named health care proxy. Any time that you have a change in your life, whether it is getting married or divorced, having kids or purchasing assets, it is important to take time to review your estate plan with an experienced attorney.

Whether you need to create these documents or update them, I am able to help. Call my office, Audi Law PLLC at 717-707-5611 and let’s set up a time to talk about what you need.

Do You Need A Will, A Trust, Or Both?

An experienced Hershey estate planning attorney can help you ensure that after you die, your assets will be passed on to the people whom you want to have them. I can also help you maximize your estate by discussing tax consequences and other possibilities for how to dispose of your assets. If you have recently gotten married, had a child or adopted, it is in your best interest to have a will.

There are lots of online sources out there that push everyone to create trusts in order to avoid probate. We can discuss whether a trust is your best option or whether a good professionally drafted will can achieve all of your goals.

Financial Power Of Attorney

I can further draft a living will or power of attorney that will ensure that you choose who will handle your financial affairs if you are physically or mentally unable to do so yourself. It is not advised to wait until you think you need this. While it’s unpleasant to think about, the truth is that anyone can be put into critical condition in an unexpected car accident or any other tragic event.

Health Care Proxy

Sometimes called a “health care power of attorney” this is the person you designate to make decisions about your medical treatment and care if you are unable to. Again, no one wants to think about this, but if you do not designate someone to do this, then your family has to. We can discuss who you trust to take on this responsibility. The designated person needs to be the one who will follow through on your specific wishes. Doing it now ensures you are in a clear state of mind. If you have recently had a significant change in your relationships, such as a divorce, you will need to update these documents.

It’s Time To Make A Plan

We all put off the things we do not want to think about. But if you’re on this page now, it means you are thinking about either creating or updating an estate planning document. Let’s get the ball rolling. Call 717-707-5611 and set up a time to meet. You can also connect via website contact email.